Saturday 20 June 2015

N is for Needs -My Day 14 of the From A to Z of Spanking Blogging Challenge #SpankA2Z and Saturday Spankings #SatSpanks



Welcome to My Day 14 of the From A to Z of Spanking Blogging Challenge #SpankA2Z
and Saturday Spankings 


is for Needs.    A partner who fufills needs rather than just wishes and desires is a truly gifted lover.  DD and D/s relationships IMHO are about meeting needs. A good disciplinarian/dominant will anticipate the needs of their partner, especially when said partner is struggling to understand their own needs.  My eight sentence teaser today  from Her Keeper explores this. 

Rick has just told Sara that he has arranged for to be taken off the case that has burdened her for months  Much to both their surprise, she is estatically grateful.  Rick tells her that in future he'll put his foot down over her needs regardless.  He also informs her that they are going to make their relationship work because now that he finally has her, he's never letting her go...



"One way or another, we're going to make this work, because there's no way you're ever getting away from me, now.” 
She smiles, but I can see she's thrusting down a jolt of anxiety arising from the determination in my voice and attitude.  I imagine she's wondering if I really mean what I say enough to curtail her freedom.  She has reason to suspect that - ultimately, she knows my ordinary Joe, small town cop persona is an illusion.  I keep to it as much as I can, but in reality, I'm rich and powerful with influential connections.  I've the ability to control her against her wishes.  She has reason to be worried - I've made up my mind that from now on her wishes are not my concern.  
Only her needs are.


                                                    

Scroll down for the extended extract.
Don't forget to visit all the other great blogs





He opens the wine and pours us both a glass.  I join him to sit side by side on the stools, shifting a little in pleasure pain when the cool leather feels hard and yet soothing on the places that I know still bear his handprint.  We each take a sip of wine.  It's velvety smooth and I look forward to how it’ll increase in taste as it breathes.  I'm distracted from my enjoyment of it when he picks up my cell from the counter and looks at me sternly over the rim of his glass.
“So, little girl.  Have you been good?  I trust I'm going to be happy with you when I check this.”
I struggle to smother my stubborn, knee jerk reaction to his dominant mode.  Instead of telling him to fuck off, who does he think he is forbidding me access to my messages, I will my brain to respond to the way that look and tone makes my stomach flip with intense excitement and my pelvis clench in hot desire.  I take another sip of my wine and nod with clear eyes.  He takes me at my word and puts down the phone without checking it.
“Good.  After dinner, I'll erase every single message from Gencor or any to do with their case.  You never have to look at them or worry about them again.  I sorted it out with Jim and you're off the case, no hard feelings.”
My spontaneous response to this announcement shocks us both.  I put my glass down and launch myself into his arms flooded with a gratitude that astonishes me.  “Oh, Rick.  Thank you!  Thank you!  I'm so glad to never, ever have to think about them again.”

Stunned by Sara’s reaction, I perform a miraculous juggling act, just managing to avoid soaking us both with my wine.  Putting my glass down, I lift her chin to give her a hard, fast kiss and then hold her fiercely against my chest.  My voice is just as fierce.  “Damn it!  I knew it!  I should've put my foot down over this months ago.”  I stroke her hair, my voice only a little less forceful.  “From now on, I'll do exactly that when necessary.  I'll go with my gut over your needs and there will be no nonsense from you over it!”
I can tell she stifles a smile at my outburst, but makes no protest.  Probably still too euphoric at the removal of the burden she's been dragging around for almost half a year.  I tighten my hold and continue, frustrated with myself.  “I should've paid more attention!  I let your stubbornness infuriate me when I should've seen past it and sorted this out for you sooner.  My version of your knee jerk response, I guess.”  I hold her away from me and look down at her with rueful tenderness.  “I’ll work on adjusting that too, sweetheart.  I promise.”
She plays with the buttons on my shirt and shifts her gaze to them.  Her tone holds excitement at my admission, her words tumbling out in a rush.  “Oh, Rick.  I'm so glad you said that.  I'm so glad to know that just because you're dominant you don’t consider yourself all-knowing in the relationship.  That you're still willing to take on responsibility for failings and are prepared to make adjustments?”
I sit back and look at her askance and ask her with a hint of irritation.  “Sara.  What crap have you been reading or who have you been talking to?  Think of my comments after I spanked you for boasting about your sexual experience.  I accepted responsibility then, as well, instead of punishing you further for challenging me, didn’t I?  I’m dominant, not God Almighty.”
She grins.  “Really?  You mean you know you're actually not omnipotent?”  She laughs and then squeals when I playfully pinch her ass in retribution.  She gives me a molten, teasing pout, making a show of rubbing her cute bottom in mock pain, accusing me sexily.  “Brute!”
She pauses and then her voice takes on a serious note as she returns to my earlier comments.  “You can’t blame yourself, Rick.  How could you know how much I wanted off this case?  I didn’t even know myself until just now when you told me I was free of it.”  I can see the relief flood her again as she says it.
I cup her jaw and speak to her in a soft tone.  “That’s the point, sweetheart.  That's one of the main responsibilities of 24/7 dominance.  It’s my job to anticipate your needs, to know what’s good for you, especially when you don’t.”
She gulps and looks at me a bit awestruck.  “Oh.  I’d never have interpreted a D/s relationship that way.”
I grin this time.  “Why, Sara?  What do you see?  An arrogant jackass, strutting about in leather, throwing his weight around and demanding you kneel to him?”  She blushes and looks down and I know I'm not far from the mark.
“Maybe.”  She admits with awe still in her voice.  “At least, I never for a moment thought it might include caring for my needs in that way.  Taking on that much responsibility for me and my welfare.”  I stay silent letting her new perspective sink in.  She's quiet for a moment and then makes a point of reassuring me.  “Well, we weren’t in a relationship then, so you can’t hold yourself accountable.”
“Mmm, maybe.”  I murmur.  Stroking her jaw, softly, I ask.  “We weren’t in a relationship, then.  Does that mean you accept we're in a relationship, now?”
My heart is in my mouth waiting for her response to my question.  The moment of truth.  She takes her eyes from the buttons of my shirt and looks up at me.  “I guess.  It's just...  I'm not sure, Rick.  There are things that still bother me.”
I breathe a sigh of relief.  Not that her answer would have any effect on the ultimate outcome, but I'd rather she surrendered willingly.  “Of course there are.  We're not suddenly going to slip into this with plain sailing.  We need to adjust to each other.  Discuss things.  But don’t worry, little girl.  One way or another, we're going to make this work, because there's no way you're ever getting away from me, now.”
She smiles, but I can see she's thrusting down a jolt of anxiety arising from the determination in my voice and attitude.  I imagine she's wondering if I really mean what I say enough to curtail her freedom.  She has reason to suspect that.  Ultimately, she knows my ordinary Joe, small town cop persona is an illusion.  I keep to it as much as I can, but in reality, I'm rich and powerful with influential connections.  I've the ability to control her against her wishes.  She has reason to be worried.  I've made up my mind that from now on her wishes are not my concern.  Only her needs are. 
I may be willing to admit to failings and make adjustments, but that doesn’t include letting her go.  I'm now utterly convinced she needs me and I'll do whatever it takes to keep her with me under my dominance and control.


                                            


5 comments:

  1. It's not that she doesn't believe - but a little proof is always welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snippet, Helen, though I don't Rick and I would get along. I like a man who is determined to see all my needs are met, but I wouldn't like having my wishes ignored. In a way, what I wish and long for is just as important to me as what I need to have. Does make for a titillating snippet, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked that snippet! I think that you're right that needs are just as important as desires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a man who looks out for his woman's well being! Nice snippet:)

    ReplyDelete